Friday, June 20, 2008

Yarnevangelism

Today I feel compelled to spread the yarn. I want to teach people to knit. I want to teach my friends to knit. I want to teach my friends' friends to knit. I want them to like it.

I want to go hang out in the coffee shop near school and drink tea while knitting. I would like to fill my "Make Tea Not War" tote bag with yarn and look like one of those obnoxious hipster kids who knits tons and tons of garter stitch scarves with Red Heart and then completely surprise everyone by pulling out an intricate sock or sweater made with gorgeous yarn. I want a quiet, relaxed group of tea-drinking young knitters, and I want them to love Peace Fleece before they've even tried it because, hey man, it's called Peace Fleece. It can't be bad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Go for it!

Molly Hutt said...

Oh, I shall try. They seem so reluctant to get sucked into the fibery black hole, though...

undeadgoat said...

You know, I totally would join that knitting group . . . I would even forgo my customary latte in order to minimize any semblance of hipster-ness.

Valin said...

Peace fleece sounds like a drug reference. I'm not sure if that should be good or bad. :P