Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm not sleeping yet, so it still counts as the 23rd.

Yarn, no matter how inexpensive single skeins may seem, is not cheap stuff. Yarn is eating my money, and my dear, enabling friends are not helping at all. I just ordered $70 worth of stuff from Knit Picks (some gift yarn, yarn for a shrug, and a bunch of needles I need) and am about to spend another 70 on Peace Fleece. Oh, and my parents aren't helping me pay for prom, so I'm going to need to go on a massive yarn diet after this.

I've decided to "give" myself $2 to spend on yarn for every 15 minutes I spend doing some sort of exercise so that I don't turn into a giant lump this summer. As of this morning, I have $4 to spend, and it's all going toward the Peace Fleece. I'll have to find a way to keep track of this on the blog or something.

Anyway, prom is this weekend, and I am determined to have at least one photo that includes me knitting something...any suggestions for something that might fit into my too-small clutch? I tried fitting a sock, but that didn't work out too well. The actual sock fit in just fine, but the yarn took up too much space. Suggestions, anyone?

No comments: