Sunday, April 13, 2008

So I made some stuff!

My new Jacquard acid dyes and base yarn came on Friday, and I made STUFF!

Here's a handpainted merino/silk blend that I dyed for a trade on Ravelry. The photo doesn't really do it justice. The colors are much brighter. It's called Flutterbies & Cuppycakes, all springy and just a bit too happy. I can't wait to send it and get my bright red Schaefer Anne (yay!) in return!

I also dyed up some fiber.


I was going to sell this one, but I love it too much! <3 style="text-align: left;">I call this one "Great Balls of Fire!" It's 3.5 oz of very soft superwash wool, and it is available in my etsy shop for $11.

As for what's on the needles, I just cast on my mom's mother's day present. She's getting some pretty simple socks in Louet Gems Sport Weight (crabapple and cream). I'm doing them on size 4 needles (3s for the ribbing) because she wanted house socks. I'm using my new Knit Picks Harmony DPNs, and I'm very happy with them. I usually don't like wooden needles, but these are sharp and pretty slippery, just the way I like. They're also really light, which feels very good when knitting for long periods of time. The 8 inch length is also very convenient, so these might replace some of my metal straights in the future.

No comments: