Wednesday, March 19, 2008

So I haven't been here in a while, and I'm not really here now...

Well HELLO, apparently nonexistent readers (anyone there?)! I haven't posted much lately because, well, high school is a busy place, and my teachers can't seem to understand that knitting is more important than their homework. I did, however, manage to get through a few inches of my first Jaywalker (pretend there's a link here) and plan on finishing the toe tonight before I pack for college visits starting tomorrow.

Speaking of college visits, I'm lucky enough to have a dad who understands...no...gets nervous about, maybe...my love for all things yarny and knows that saying no to yarn makes for one very disagreeable teenager, so he said we could, if time allows, go on a mini yarn crawl near Princeton and UPenn! Findings will be reported here!

Also, I get my SAT scores back tomorrow, so I'll be buying the yarn and dye to start my own line of handpainted sock yarn probably as soon as I find out (if I met my goal, it'll be a reward; if I didn't, I'll buy it to make myself feel better). I'm thinking of doing an artist series that translates the work of some of my favorite artists (mostly of the 20th century) into socks. Yay!...Well, I think so, at least. The yarn will be available on my etsy shop (link that-a-way) unless I find somewhere better to sell it. I really do need to sell it...I seem to be spending all of my money on yarn...better hope for that summer job at the LYS...

Anyway, I'm not really here. I WILL finish the toe of the Jaywalker, pack, and find a good project to work on in the car tomorrow by...oh, I don't know, 2am?

Good night faithful yet apparently invisible readers. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that's a cool idea! I would probably never be able to make the time to hand dye my own yarn to sell, but it's a cool idea.

Molly Hutt said...

Thanks...and yeah, I'm having trouble coming up with the time to do it, too. I'm thinking of starting out with only 9 or 10 skeins so that I can do it in a weekend. I'm a little reluctant to spend the money on the supplies, though. That dye is expensive! I have done some experimental dyeing with rit dyes and some old printer cartridge refills, but I'm reluctant to sell those before I've tested them a bunch more times.