Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I won't be getting any Knitwars points for this.

No pictures today, so no Knitwars points for me. Hmmf.

Well, the last few days have been pretty uneventful in terms of knitting because I've been spending a lot of time in the hospital with my mom (who's fine now) and my grandpa (who's doing alright for now) . I did do some work on Shedir and will hopefully get around to posting some pictures soon. I hope I'll be able to finish it sometime before my friend's next birthday because it is the SLOWEST HAT EVER.

You meet interesting people when you knit in a hospital. One woman asked me whether what I was doing was knitting or crochet. This didn't come as a surprise to me, as I've heard many stories of this, though I've never been asked about it myself. What did surprise me was that the woman who asked me then said that she loved to knit. Another woman I spoke to had never seen a circular needle before, even though she had knit several sweaters. Are circular needles really that new? I guess, being a younger knitter, I take such things for granted. Some people I spoke to were impressed with the idea of DPNs, too, tough I'm sure they've been around for a long time. To be completely honest, I don't really want to think of a time when circular knitting wasn't an option...eeegh.

On a lighter note, I'll be starting the entrelac socks from Interweave Knits Spring 2007 in the not-too-distant future because a wonderful family friend (who also knits) offered (well, no...she kind of insisted, but I'm not complaining) to buy the sock yarn of my choice as a birthday present. My birthday is in May, but she said that's okay. At the moment I'm stuck between Louet Gems and Shibui Sock. Knitters are the nicest people in the whole entire world...for the most part...I've met some that aren't so nice, but they're definitely in the minority.

Well, I think it's time for me to have some ice cream and start getting ready for bed. If you read this, let me know what you think. I'm very new to this whole knitblogging thing.

Thank you, and have a nice day. :)

No comments: