Thursday, August 27, 2009

3:47 AM

It is 3:47 am. I started dyeing at around midnight with a plan to get through 44 skeins: 14 for the September club shipment, 16 of a new superwash BFL base, 8 Elementary, 2 Elementary DK, and 4 skeins of laceweight-just a fraction of the 24 lbs I started with at the beginning of the summer. Now, 38 skeins in and three days away from leaving for college, I sit here typing away at something I may very well not remember when I wake up in just a few hours to continue packing my entire life into boxes and spacebags. So, should I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm so tired and my entire house smells of vinegar, here's a little "note to self": Congratulations, Molly. You have conquered the 24 lb yarn pile.

Alright, I'm off to go finish up the last 6 skeins. Let's just hope I can get these all photographed and sold before I run out of food money. I haven't heard good things about the meal plan.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

So I've been following you for a little while and well...yeah...good luck packing for college. I just moved into college for the first time, too. I find it vaguely amusing that you're coming to Philly as I'm leaving the area. Believe me, I feel your pain from packing. It does seem rather pointless to pack it all away only to take it all out when you get there, yes?

Molly Hutt said...

Haha, a little! What school are you going to?

Laurie said...

Millersville U in Lancaster :)