Thursday, August 27, 2009

3:47 AM

It is 3:47 am. I started dyeing at around midnight with a plan to get through 44 skeins: 14 for the September club shipment, 16 of a new superwash BFL base, 8 Elementary, 2 Elementary DK, and 4 skeins of laceweight-just a fraction of the 24 lbs I started with at the beginning of the summer. Now, 38 skeins in and three days away from leaving for college, I sit here typing away at something I may very well not remember when I wake up in just a few hours to continue packing my entire life into boxes and spacebags. So, should I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm so tired and my entire house smells of vinegar, here's a little "note to self": Congratulations, Molly. You have conquered the 24 lb yarn pile.

Alright, I'm off to go finish up the last 6 skeins. Let's just hope I can get these all photographed and sold before I run out of food money. I haven't heard good things about the meal plan.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

So I've been following you for a little while and well...yeah...good luck packing for college. I just moved into college for the first time, too. I find it vaguely amusing that you're coming to Philly as I'm leaving the area. Believe me, I feel your pain from packing. It does seem rather pointless to pack it all away only to take it all out when you get there, yes?

Survival of the Knittest said...

Haha, a little! What school are you going to?

Laurie said...

Millersville U in Lancaster :)