Thursday, August 6, 2009

25 Days

So I'm leaving in 25 days. I started packing up some sweaters, some handknit hats and scarves, and other things I won't need for the rest of the summer, but as of now, there isn't much else I can pack. One would think, with all my supplies (yarn, beads, paints, etc.) just waiting to be used, I'd be busy all the time, and I have been. I've been knitting like crazy, spending time with friends, shopping for dorm stuff, and (finally) shopping for some new and much-needed clothes that, get this, aren't covered in paint...yet. That said, I can't seem to figure out what to do with myself. Sure, this week I helped throw a birthday party for my grandma, went to see Funny People, threw a quasi-spontaneous dinner party, and invited some friends over for pizza and movies, but when I look at the New Student Orientation website or talk to my new college friends, I feel like I'm just sitting around waiting to get in the car and go. I feel like I won't truly be productive until all of my clothes, books, and yarn have been packed away into boxes, my new, polka-dotted laptop has arrived and been outfitted with the latest version of photoshop, and my wheel has been safely tucked into the seat next to me.

On that note, here's the shawl I'm working on:



Fountain Pen Shawl
- Interweave Knits Spring 2009 out of Knit Picks Gloss Lace

No comments: